Hay Bales and Piglets!

Hey Ya'll! We've had a busy day yesterday here on the farm. In preparing for winter already we had our hay bales delivered yesterday. Four huge bales, and they are super heavy if you haven't ever tried to move them. Of course they just rolled them off the truck into the drive way so Frank and I had the chore of getting them down by the fence tucked away with the tarp over them. It doesn't look that pretty unfortunately, but its practical. The animals are really enjoying the hay already.


We also have piglets! I don't actually know when they were born I just found them when the kids and I went down to check on the electric fence. I don't usually go into the barn every day and I guess Peppa was hiding them in there and now they are starting to venture out and about. They are super cute but definitely little squealers, hopefully they will only be around for 6-8 weeks.


 The work is never down around here, especially when we keep adding animals to the mix. Our next project is going to be trying to  get the basement set up a little bit better so I can get storage shelves put up for our canned vegetables. If I can figure out how i'm going to start canning since our new house has a glass top stove and you can't use a pressure cooker on a glass top. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks for stopping bye and we'll see you next time!

No comments