Garden Beds?

Hey all! Let me first say that gardening does not come natural to me at all. I don't know why since my mom and my grandfather all have green thumbs, I guess it decided to skip a generation. Frank however has always been into it and has gotten me into it as well. We've been growing different vegetables for years and now that we just bought our first house in January we decided to build our "forever" garden. Although we're already talking about expanding and changing things up next season. Anyway, for anyone asking themselves if they should start a garden I say go for it! It can be as big or small as you want and there are a ton or websites out there to help you go in the direction you want to. We picked the best spot in the yard to get the most sun and started there.
Then we just measured out how big we needed it to be to accomadate the amount of raised beds and buckets we would need to plant in. I'm not going to go into the actual amount of work and how we built all the beds in this post, i'll save that for another day. However we did need to get 2x4s and cemented them into the ground and bought the fences from Home depot and just screwed them in. Again not going to go into all the measurements etc. After we got the fence up came the garden beds, buckets, and then the planting started. This whole process took a couple months considering we could only build on Frank's two days off and all the rain we got. 

The far beds are lettuce, beans, and strawberries. The buckets have tomatoes and peppers.

And this is what they look like now. We are about a week away from harvesting potatoes and starting again!

Here is a great link for lot's of different idea's for raised beds, have fun!

1 comment

  1. Oh my goodness I love this so much! The fence is fantastic and everything looks like its totally flourishing! Way to go y'all!

    ReplyDelete